2pounds "around 1 kg" lamb fillet or beef roast sliced in small strips
1/2 cup grapes vinegar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg, 1/2 tsp ground cloves, 1/2 tsp ground cinamon and salt
1 cup tahini, 1/2 tsp minced garlic, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 cup hot water and salt
parsely, sliced onion, 3 large tomatoes and pita bread
In a small bowl, gather all the seasoning spices.
- In a large bowl, measure the vinegar then the olive oil. Whisk well and add the spices and whisk it all well. Add the meat and with two wooden spoons turn it over several times to make sure all the pieces are well covered in the marinade.
- Marinate the meat in the fridge, covered, overnight.
- Heat a large skillet, add some oil and cook the strips over high heat for 5-10 minutes until they turn brown.
- Serve immediately with sauce, warmed pita bread, sliced tomatoes and onions and pickled cucumbers.
To make the sauce
- Add the tahini while stirring with a wooden spoon, add the lemon juice and hot water gradually. Taste and adjust the seasoning, add garlic and stir.
To serve the shawarma sandwich
- Chop the parsley, onion and slice the tomatoes. As soon as the meat is cooked, serve it with the bread and vegetables and sauce.
- Toast the sandwich in a toaster or in a hot skillet.